Director Special Programs,
The Bressler Prize in Vision Science was established in 2001 to honor Alfred W. Bressler, Esq., a distinguished New York attorney and benefactor.
The Bressler Prize includes an unrestricted cash award which is presented in conjunction with a scientific symposium. The recipient is invited to join the selection committee for subsequent year’s deliberations. In 2016, the prize was $50,000.
Eligibility for the Bressler Prize in Vision Science
- Open to established mid-career vision clinicians or scientists whose leadership, research and service have led to important advancements in the understanding of vision loss, treatment of eye disease or the rehabilitation of people with vision loss. Nominees should be clinically and/or scientifically accomplished, yet under recognized in his/her respective fields.
- Open to candidates from the United States and all countries.
- A single letter of nomination must be submitted with a nomination application for each individual candidate.
- The letter of nomination must establish the individual’s contributions to understanding vision loss, treatment of eye disease or rehabilitation of people with vision loss.
- The letter of nomination must be submitted on the letterhead of the organization or academic institution of the nominator and include his/her full name and title.
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae for the nominee must be included with the application.
- Colleagues or professionals may make nominations.
- More than one individual may be nominated from any academic institution or organization.
- Nomination applications must be submitted online.
- The Awards Committee is made up of scientists and clinicians in the fields of vision care and vision science. The Committee meets annually in the Winter to review nominations.
- Spring 2017 – The Bressler Prize recipients are announced.
- October 2017 – The Bressler Prize Symposium Lecture will be held in New York City.
- December 31, 2017 – Closing date for nominations and receipt of all supporting documents for the 2018 Bressler Prize.
- Winter 2018 – Selection Committee meets to review nominations.