Losing vision doesn’t mean you can’t live independently. Lighthouse Guild can help you learn how to continue to live safely and comfortably at home, and support you as you start using new techniques. Through our Independent Living Skills program, rehabilitation teachers and mobility instructors can help you in your home and at our facilities in a variety of ways.
What We Offer
- Home visits to evaluate your specific needs
- A vision assessment, if necessary
- Adjustment counseling, if needed
- Group and/or one-on-one instruction in activities of daily living, such as meal preparation and managing finances
- Indoor and outdoor mobility instruction to help you move safely in all environments
- An evaluation of your home environment, including techniques and strategies for improving your safety