Lighthouse Guild is the leading not-for-profit healthcare organization dedicated to addressing and preventing vision loss. Our mission is to provide exceptional services that inspire people who are visually impaired to attain their goals. With Lighthouse Guild, people who are at risk for, or affected by, vision loss have access to all the resources necessary to lead full, independent and productive lives. We provide services, research and education, and advocate to help people with low vision and blindness. Our vision is a world in which no person is limited by their visual capacity.
Volunteer Administrator is an essential link in the volunteer intake process. Working closely with the Chief Volunteer Officer a, this position ensures the timely processing of volunteer inquiries, adherence to and continuity in the volunteer intake process and provides support in filling volunteer requests, updates volunteer data using the volunteer management system and assist with compiling information for monthly and annual reporting. This position supports the department’s strategic goal to build volunteer capacity and engage volunteers across the organization.
- Handles the day to day operations of the department. This includes but is not limited to recruitment, screening, orientation, placement, retention and recognition.
- Coordinates the acquisition and maintenance of all compliance documentation and records required by the Volunteer Resources Department.
- Answers telephone inquiries and conducts initial telephone interviews of prospective volunteers and student interns.
- Tracks volunteers and interns’ performance and attendance with departmental supervisors.
- Recruits, interviews, screens (including conducting background checks), orients and places, new volunteers and interns.
- Schedules orientation programs and meetings.
- Prepares orientation packets. Drafts position descriptions, department handouts and other reports or documents necessary for the operation of the department.
- Supports all department major events and other cultivation events that serve to advance the mission of the department, as necessary.
- Maintains the confidentiality of and deals appropriately with any privileged information contained in minutes, correspondence and other documents pertaining to such issues as strategies/outcomes of strike planning.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
- Baccalaureate Degree in an appropriate discipline required.
- Experience or academic training in nonprofit management, philanthropy, human services or a related field.
- Strong interpersonal communication and supervisory skills.
- Knowledge of interviewing and placement techniques desirable.
- Certified Volunteer Administration (CVA) or Certified Administrator of Volunteer Services (CAVS) designations preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Access and Excel required. Working knowledge of data bases.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends
- 403 (b)
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday (some evenings and weekends)
Agency Website: https://www.lighthouseguild.org/
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
For consideration, please apply for this position with a copy of your resume and cover letter with desired salary. Resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
To provide exceptional services that inspire people who are visually impaired to attain their goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Job Type: Full-time