Navigation Solutions for People with Vision Impairment Is Topic of Latest Episode of Lighthouse Guild Podcast “On Tech & Vision with Dr. Cal Roberts”
NEW YORK, (February 16, 2021) – Navigation technology and how to implement a navigation solution that enables people with vision impairment to travel cities independently is the topic of the latest episode of the popular podcast “On Tech & Vision with Dr. Cal Roberts.” Calvin W. Roberts, MD, podcast host and President and CEO of Lighthouse Guild, talks with Javier Pita Lozano, creator of NaviLens, a technology designed for people with vision impairment that marries location finding with information to make public spaces and transportation more accessible.
Dr. Roberts also talks with representatives of New York City’s Metropolitan Transportation Authority — one of the biggest transportation hubs in the world — about the importance of accessible public transportation for people who are visually impaired and how NaviLens technology can help make independent navigation a reality.
“How the Simple QR Code Became an Empowering Navigation Tool” is the eighth episode in the Lighthouse Guild podcast series exploring big ideas on how technology is helping people with vision loss. “On Tech & Vision with Dr. Cal Roberts,” is available online at Lighthouseguild.org and for downloading on Apple Music, Spotify, Google Podcasts, iHeartRadio Podcasts and Tunein.com. Twitter: @LighthouseGld #OnTechVision. The podcast has hit over 2,000 downloads since it launched in 2020.
Topics of other episodes include:
- Training the Brain: Sensory Substitution – Exploring big ideas on how technology is helping people with vision loss.
- Seeing with Your Ears: Translating the Visual World to Audio — How using audio can connect people with vision loss to the world around them.
- Integrating Touch and Sound – How using touch and sound together can create spatial awareness through the use of smart canes.
- A Remapped Reality: Using Virtual Reality to Remap the Visual Field – How technology is used to remap sight for people with vision loss.
- The Development of Artificial Vision – Cutting edge advancements in ocular bionic prosthetics.
- Extending Human Vision – How technology used in space can help people with vision loss on earth.
- Improving Visual Impairment with Technology – The development of software-driven smart glasses for people with vision impairment.
About Lighthouse Guild
Lighthouse Guild is dedicated to providing exceptional services that inspire people who are visually impaired to attain their goals. We provide coordinated care for eye health, vision rehabilitation and behavioral health as well as related services. For more information, visit Lighthouseguild.org.
|Press Contact:||Bryan Dotson, Manners Dotson Group