Vice President Behavioral Health Services,
Dr. Goldie Dersh
Do stress and emotional challenges make it feel like the world is closing in? Our Behavioral Health team can provide you with the right set of supports and treatment to help you overcome your challenges and lead a full and productive life.
We specialize in providing care for problems related to a range of coexisting conditions such as vision loss and blindness, traumatic brain injury, diabetes and physical disabilities. But you don’t need to have these conditions to be seen by our experts.
Our services are also open to people who face emotional stresses related to work, school and social relationships and to people with serious mental illness.
Services are provided by clinical social workers, psychologists and psychiatrists in a welcoming and supportive environment.
Therapy: Individual, Couples, Family and Group
Our Psychiatric Clinic offers comprehensive, coordinated mental health treatment for people of all ages. We help you manage your wellness. We provide:
- Individual, group, couple and family psychotherapy. Talking with our psychotherapists in individual or group settings can help you cope and take control of your life.
- Psychiatry. Our psychiatrists can assess the causes of your distress, and if needed, prescribe medications to help reduce your symptoms.
- Psychopharmacology and medication management
- Psychological and neuropsychological testing. Our physicians can assess the overall effect of a diagnosed condition so that treatment can be tailored to your needs.
- Medical coordination and wellness. Our team works together with your primary care provider to ensure that your care is coordinated and integrated.
- Crisis intervention
Day Treatment Program
Do you have a serious psychiatric diagnosis? Our Continuing Day Treatment Program can help you remain safely in your community and prevent psychiatric hospitalization.
Therapeutic groups and case management give support. They help you:
- Develop skills in managing symptoms
- Obtain services and needs for physical health
- Maintain your entitlements and benefits
- Integrate into the community and coordinate housing needs