Senior Mobility Instructor,
You don’t have to give up your independence because of vision loss. Lighthouse Guild mobility instructors can help you learn to navigate familiar and unfamiliar places, indoors and out, and to travel with confidence.
Some of the ways our mobility instructors can help you include:
- Orientation assistance to establish routes to frequently traveled locations such as from home to work
- Instruction in independent travel techniques such as trailing
- Instruction in techniques for walking with another person such as the guide technique
- Evaluation and instruction in the use of special guide canes and identification canes
- A home or workplace visit to become oriented to the environment and practice navigating your way around it