Academic and Career Services
Supporting your education
Our academic services ensure that vision loss does not end your education. If you’re dreaming about the day you graduate from college, we want to help you attain that dream. Our services include:
- College preparation, including study skills, library and Internet research, note taking, and term paper writing
- Test preparation, including SAT, ACT, GRE, CUNY Compass, and LSAT
- English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction
- High school equivalency tests (TASC, formerly GED)
- Communication skills, including keyboarding and basic computer skills
- Braille instruction, including Unified English Braille (UEB).
Our Summer College Preparation Program prepares students for life in college. Conducted five hours a day over a one-month period, participants learn study techniques, how to write a term paper, and other skills necessary to succeed in college.